Mandatory things to bring with you
- Passport valid at least for the whole term of your internship. Please also visit the website of the Austrian embassy of your country for more information, especially if you are not a citizen of the European Union
- Visa, if necessary. Start your visa application process as soon as possible. This often takes more than 2 month
- Printed hard copy of this page
- Address of your accommodation / student house
- Agree on a meeting place and time with your local IAESTE representative and note his/her phone number in case you get lost.
- Access to about EUR 750 - 1,000 to cover the cost of living and lodging for the first month. You will receive your first salary in the end of the first calender month.
Things you should have with you
- Appropriate clothing for work and spare time. The dress code at work will be casual for most students (including students working at the University or one of its institutes). It can be hot (mostly) and/or rainy (sometimes) during summer time in Vienna and cold/freezing during winter time.
- Cell phone (make sure your IAESTE Vienna representative has your number)
- LAN cable for internet access in your room (some dormitories do not provide WLAN access-points)
- Linen (can be also bought/rented in Vienna)
- International Student ID card, ISIC (International Student Identity Card). This can save you some funds
- Adapter to use your electronic devices with Austrian electrical sockets
- Credit card
IAESTE members are going to meet you at the airport or train station, etc. and accompany you to your hostel. Since the your corresponding Local Committee should be already in contact with you, all arrangements should be done for you. Just in case you don't get any notification since 1 week before your internship starts, contact the corresponding Local Committee by your self and tell them where and how you will arrive in Austria. To be on the safe side, you should not forget to take the address of the hostel and the mobile phone number of your local summer reception officer with you! You will also find illustrated directions in your welcome package along with some more information about your accommodation.